Thai Seafood Salad and Lettuce Wraps
This is a great example of how you can do Make Your Own Take Out!
- 1 pound small cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 1 tub lump crabmeat (6 ounces)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, chopped on an angle into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup basil leaves, shredded or torn
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, Asian-style or Tabasco brand
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 head Bibb or Boston lettuce or 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
In a bowl, combine shrimp, crabmeat, red bell pepper, scallions and basil.
Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine hot sauce, lime juice, sugar, salt and oil. Pour the dressing over the salad and adjust seasoning, adding more hot sauce or salt to taste. To serve, pile the seafood salad in lettuce leaves, wrapping leaves up and around the salad as you eat.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.