Thanksgiving Leftover Wellington
Thanksgiving keeps on giving with leftovers baked in pastry pockets.
- 1 sheet frozen prepared puff pastry, defrosted
- 4 slices leftover turkey from the deli or from a fresh roasted breast (about 4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons cranberry sauce, leftover or whole berry cranberry sauce from a can
- 1 cup leftover Apple and Onion Stuffin’
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of water
Pre-heat the oven to 425˚F.
Unfold the puff pastry sheet out onto a cutting board. Cut the dough into quarters with a sharp knife, then roll out each piece of dough into a 9-inch x 7-inch rectangle.
On each rectangle of dough, place a quarter of the stuffing topped with 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce and one slice of turkey. Wrap the dough up and over the turkey, pinch and seal the dough with the egg wash and trim any excess. (You can use the leftover dough bits to make decorative garnishes for the tops.) Turn the wrapped Wellingtons over, seam-side down and brush all over with the egg wash. Use the egg wash as “glue” to affix the dough garnishes.
Bake the Turkey Wellingtons on a baking sheet for 30-35 minutes, until golden. Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.