Toasted Almond Sundaes
Serve with Vegetable Not-sagna Pasta Toss.
- 1 pint dulce de leche ice cream (caramel flavor) (such asHaagen Dasz brand)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 4 shots amaretto or other almond liqueur
- 1/2 cup caramel dessert sauce
- 1 canister real whipped cream
- 1/4 cup smoked almonds, chopped
Soften ice creams to scoop 10 seconds per pint in the microwave or set on kitchen counter 10-15 minutes. Put 1 scoop each of caramel ice cream and vanilla ice cream into dessert dishes. Top each with a shot of liqueur. Heat the dessert sauce 40 seconds in microwave (remove the metal top of jar). Pour caramel sauce over sundaes and top with whipped cream and bits of smoked almonds.