Tofu Burritos are another great vegetarian dish to try!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 of a package firm tofu (14 ounces), finely chopped
- 1 pound shelled shrimp, tails removed and deveined
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice, such as Minute brand
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves, stripped from stem and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (15 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pre-heat EVOO in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Cook tofu until browned. Add shrimp and cook for about 4 minutes or until they turn pink. Add pepper and onion, and cook until softened, about another 4-5 minutes. Stir in rice and toast for about a minute. Add thyme, chili powder, cayenne pepper, stewed tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a bubble. Turn down to a simmer, put a lid on and cook for about 15 minutes.