Tomatillo and Chicken Tostadas
Rachael makes her tostadas more figure-friendly by using baked flour tortillas in lieu of fried corn tortillas.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for brushing on the tortillas
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 4 scallions, green and white parts chopped
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken (look for it near the deli counter), skin removed and meat shredded
- 1 cup good quality, store-bought tomatillo salsa
- Salt and pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 cup pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro (a handful), chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
Pre-heat a skillet over medium-high heat with two tablespoons of EVOO. Add zucchini and sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the scallions, shredded chicken and tomatillo salsa, and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
While the filling is cooking, place the tortillas on two cookie sheets in an even layer, making sure not to overlap. Lightly brush them with some EVOO and bake until crispy, about 6 minutes. Remove tortillas from the oven and top each one with an even amount of filling, followed by a handful of the cheeses.
Return the tostados to the oven to melt the cheese. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve. Delish!