Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad
For a complete meal, serve with Portobello Burgers with Roasted Red Pepper Paste and Smoked Mozzarellla and Pasta Salad with Ricotta Salata and Broccolini.
Note – you can add fresh herbs, such as basil or parsley, to this salad for even more flavor!
- 5 medium plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 Kirby cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 splashes red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and black pepper
Dress the tomatoes, onions and cucumber with EVOO (a generous drizzle), red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
Let stand while you prepare dinner, about 20 minutes. Toss again and serve salad with crusty bread for mopping up juices and EVOO.