Here it is – the timeless, terrific tomato salad you’ve been waiting for!
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (a couple of generous handfuls), chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a medium size bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, basil and parsley and dress with the EVOO (eyeball it). Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.