Tuna “Parmesan” Baguette
Who doesn’t love a great chicken parmesan?! We’ve adapted a classic, with tuna! We even added a sprinkle of breadcrumb so you won’t even miss the crunch.
- 1, 5-ounce can of solid white albacore tuna, drained and chunked
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped, some set aside
- Salt and pepper
- 1, 6-8 piece of baguette bread, sliced open
- 1/4 cup good quality red sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons panko style breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 425 or broiler to high.
In a small mixing bowl add the tuna, olive oil, 1 tablespoon basil and season with salt and pepper. Gently stir and place inside the sliced baguette. Evenly spoon the red sauce across the tuna, followed by a sprinkling of breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and slices of mozzarella.
Place on a baking sheet and put in the oven until the cheese is melted and the baguette is toasted. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining basil.
Makes 1 sandwich