A great way to use Thanksgiving leftovers!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3/4 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 pound pancetta (about 1/2 cup), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 2 cups leftover turkey, shredded
- 1 cup cream
- A pinch of allspice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Asiago cheese (a mounded handful)
- 1/2 head radicchio, shredded
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO.
Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil to cook the pasta. Once the water is boiling, add a generous amount of salt and the pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions.
While the water is coming up to a boil, start the sauce. Add the pancetta to the hot EVOO and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and bay leaf, and cook until softened. Add the turkey and cook for 5 minutes more to heat through. Add the cream, allspice, salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the cream reduce by half.
Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Mix thoroughly to combine. Place in a large serving bowl and top with the cheese and radicchio.