This budget-friendly dish is a whole new take on turkey!
- 4 turkey cutlets (1 pound total)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons soft herb cheese, such as Boursin brand
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, chopped
Pound the turkey cutlets to a quarter-inch thick and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon a tablespoon of cheese in the center of each cutlet and top with the spinach. Fold the cutlets in half and close them with a toothpick.
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the cutlets and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
Add the tomatoes with their juice and the fennel seeds and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.