Whiskey BBQ Sauce
This sauce is a “must” addition to Whiskey Brisket Sandwiches.
- 1 cup good-quality organic ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato passata or puree
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 3 shots bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or hot paprika
- 1 rib celery, minced with leafy tops
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
Combine the sauce ingredients in a small pot and reduce over a low bubble for about 30 minutes.