White Bean and Sesame Spread
Try this versatile, vibrant dip as part of a crostini bar sampler: serve atop Crostini Toasts with Crostini Bar: Smoky Eggplant and Roasted Garlic Spread, Crostini Bar: Mushroom “Paté,”Crostini Bar: Raw Zucchini and Corn Crostini Topper and Crostini Bar: Puttanesca Bruschetta.
- 1 head garlic, roasted with rosemary until soft
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 ounces), rinsed and drained well
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Chopped parsley, chili pepper and lemon zest or minced scallions, for garnish
Squish the roasted garlic away from skin and drop the cloves into a food processor. Add the beans. Mix the tahini with a couple of tablespoons of water, then add to the processor along with the lemon juice, EVOO, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
Transfer the white bean spread to a serving bowl and garnish. Serve with charred or toasted bread.