A taste of tzatziki can be found in this chilled white gazpacho.
- 1 1/2 English (seedless) cucumbers, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 hot pepper, such as jalapeño, seeded
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- Juice of 2 lemons
- About 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup Greek-style plain yogurt
Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process in batches in the food processor until fairly smooth; chill and serve. Use a little water to thin if the soup is too thick.