- 1 store-bought pizza dough or one from your favorite pizzeria
- 1/4 cup cornmeal, for sprinkling (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 2 cups whole milk or part-skim ricotta
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese (1 pre-shredded pouch)
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- 10 leaves fresh basil (1/2 cup), shredded
Pre-heat the oven to 425°F, along with a pizza stone (if you use one).
Stretch the dough to form a pie and transfer it to a pizza stone or baking tray. If using a baking tray, sprinkle with some cornmeal to give a little extra crunch and prevent the dough from sticking to the pan.
Drizzle EVOO around the crust. In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with garlic and parsley and season with salt and black pepper. Spread the ricotta across the dough, then top with mozzarella (or provolone) and the Parmigiano Reggiano.
Bake it until crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the shredded basil leaves and red pepper flakes, if desired. Cut into large pieces and serve.