Wild Mushroom Frittata
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 12 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms (a couple of handfuls), stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms (a couple of handfuls), chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 12 eggs, beaten
- A dash of half-and-half
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco brand
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet with ovensafe handle over medium to medium-high heat. Wrapping a rubber handle in foil will allow the pan to transfer to oven as well.
To the hot pan, add two turns of the pan of EVOO and mushrooms. Season mushrooms with thyme, salt and pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes until all of the veggies are tender. Beat eggs with salt and pepper, a dash of half-and-half, lemon zest, scallions and hot sauce. Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms. Lift and settle eggs in the pan as they brown on the bottom.
When the eggs are set but remain uncooked on top, transfer to oven for 7-8 minutes, until frittata is golden brown and puffy. Sprinkle the frittata with cheese and return to the oven for 1-2 minutes.
Serve frittata from the hot pan and cut into six wedges at the table.