Halve the zucchini lengthwise and scrape out the seeds before you slice them.
- 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini (from 2 or 3 small to medium zucchini)
- 3 or 4 cloves spring garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 small fresh chile, seeded and finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup sheep’s milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- All-natural cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini, garlic, parsley, mint, chile, Parm, and salt and pepper to taste. In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, egg, pecorino, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
Roll the pie crust out to 12 inches diameter and transfer to the baking sheet. Spread the ricotta mixture over the dough, leaving about a 2-inch border. Top with the zucchini mixture. Fold the 2-inch border of dough in and over the filling, pinching and pleating it. Coat the dough lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes, then increase the oven temp to 450°F and bake for another 5 minutes or so to brown it.
Let the tart cool for 30 minutes or so. Transfer to a serving plate and cut it into wedges.