Autumn Roasted Chicken and Sausages with Balsamic Drizzle
Simply roast this one pan combination of chicken, sausage, potatoes, grapes and fresh herbs for a delectable meal.
- 4 pieces bone-in chicken thighs with legs attached
- 1 pound Italian sweet sausages
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary, 2 finely chopped
- 7-8 sprigs fresh thyme, 4 finely chopped
- 12 baby potatoes, such as baby Yukon Gold
- 8 shallots, halved through root and peeled or 4 small red onions, quartered through root end
- 1 pound bunch black seedless grapes, snipped into small clusters
- Balsamic drizzle, to garnish
Pre-heat the oven to 425˚F.
In a large, shallow roasting pan, dress the chicken and sausages with about 1 tablespoon EVOO. Season with chopped rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
Toss the potatoes, shallots and black grapes with remaining EVOO, salt and pepper and add to the roasting pan. Bundle the rosemary and thyme sprigs and toss them in the pan as well. Roast for 45-50 minutes until the meat juices run clear and the chicken skin and sausage casings are crispy.
To serve, arrange the meat, sausage, potatoes, shallots and grapes on dinner plates and garnish with pan juices and balsamic drizzle.