Baby Artichoke Crostini
Baby artichokes don’t have the prickly inside above the heart, so they’re easier to clean and trim.
- 12 baby artichokes, cleaned and cooked, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs or whatever fresh herbs you like, such as basil, flat leaf parsley, oregano, etc.
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 12 thin slices of French bread
- 1 block herbed soft cheese (5 ounces), such as Boursin brand, herb-garlic flavor is best
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
In a medium size mixing bowl, toss together the artichokes, 2 tablespoons EVOO, garlic, herbs and some salt and pepper. Set aside.
Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly with the remaining tablespoon of EVOO. Pop the bread into the oven and toast until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
Spread some soft cheese over each slice of bread, top with a spoonful of the marinated artichokes and serve.