BBQ Tuna English Muffin Pizzas
Why does BBQ Chicken Pizza always get to have all the fun?! We’re taking an old-school favorite, English Muffin Pizzas, to new heights. It’s sure to be a hit with your family.
- 4 whole grain English muffins, cut in half
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 cup homemade or store-bought tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup good quality BBQ sauce
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1, 5-ounce can of solid white albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded cheese, such as mozzarella, monetary jack, gouda, or a combination of the three
- Parsley or cilantro leaves, to garnish
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Place English muffin halves on a baking sheet and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Lightly toast for 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the oven to broil.
In a small bowl, stir the tomato and BBQ sauce to combine. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce on each muffin half and top with a few red onion strings. Put about a tablespoon of tuna on each muffin half, top with cheese, and place tray back in oven under the broiler until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Remove from oven and top with a few parsley or cilantro leaves.