Big Blue Turkey Burger
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 5 to 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (2 to 3 ounces) big crumbles of blue cheese or smoked blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bread-and-butter pickle slices, red leaf lettuce and thinly sliced red onion
- 6 Kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Dill pickle-flavored potato chips
In a large sauce pan, bring the cranberries, sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries pop and the sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Turn off heat and cover the sauce to keep it warm while you make the burgers.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, chopped scallions and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper; gently mix in the blue cheese. Form into 4 large parties (thinner in the centers for even cooking).
In a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet, heat the oil, one turn of the pan, over medium-high. Cook the patties, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Arrange the pickles, lettuce and onion on the bun bottoms. Top with the patties, slather with cranberry sauce and set the roll tops in place. Serve with the potato chips.