Forget the carbs, but not the flavor! This recipe is a real crowd pleaser, and you can get creative with the ingredients for a variety of flavors.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 pound sliced pancetta, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups loosely packed arugula (about 2 bundles), trimmed and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 ounces), drained
- 12 extra-large eggs
- 1/3 cup half-and-half (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
To make filling, heat a 12-inch nonstick ovensafe skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, pancetta and garlic to the pan. When pancetta browns at edges and begins to crisp, add arugula. Wilt arugula, then stir in tomatoes.
Beat eggs together with half-and-half. Whisk in salt and pepper. Pour eggs over filling and let eggs set. Using a spatula, raise eggs off the bottom of the skillet, allowing more of the liquid egg to settle. When the frittata has set, transfer to oven and cook 10-12 minutes until top is deep golden brown.
Remove the frittata and let it stand five minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.