Boo’s Smoky Chicken Patties on Buttered Toast
Since every animal’s needs are different, check with your vet to see if this
recipe is good for your pet.
Visit this link for More pet recipes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet Hungarian paprika, available on spice aisle in small cans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick brand)
- 1/4-1/3 cup chopped parsley, (a couple of handfuls of leaves), chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow skinned onion
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), 2 turns of the bowl
- 8 slices sandwich white or whole-wheat bread
- 2-3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach, watercress or arugula (Boo would skip the greens)
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Place chicken in a bowl and add the smoked paprika, grill seasoning and parsley to it. Using a hand held grater or microplane, grate the onion into the chicken. (Boo liked onion juice and its flavor, but she did not like big pieces of onion). Add the garlic (Boo LOVED garlic!) and mix to combine. Make a mini patty, the size of a quarter, and cook it up, a minute on each side, to taste and check seasonings. If you want it really smoky, like Boo, you can adjust the seasonings accordingly. Drizzle the chicken mixture with about 2 tablespoons EVOO and form 4 large thin patties then place them in the pan. Cook patties 5 minutes on each side. Toast bread slices and spread liberally with softened butter. Serve patties on buttered toast with some chopped dark greens.