Butter and Parm Squished Potatoes
Oscar night is fast approaching! Serve these tasty taters with Ciabatta Cheesesteaks with the Works for casual dining on the sofa.
- About 2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2-2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2-2/3 cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (2 handfuls)
Put the potatoes in a medium pot in a single layer. Pour in enough stock to come a quarter inch up the sides of the potatoes, then add the EVOO. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and steam for 10 minutes. Remove the lid, raise the heat and reduce the stock. When the stock evaporates, squish the potatoes to flatten them a bit with a masher. Crisp the potatoes for a few minutes on each side, then season with black pepper. Stir in the butter and cheese and toss.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve.