Chef’s Restaurant’s Braciole
Next time you’re in Buffalo, stop by Chef’s Restaurant for a good dish of pasta! They were kind enough to give us this delish Braciole recipe!
- 1 jar plain tomato sauce (26 ounces) – you can use a jar of Chef’s or make your own
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings (combine dried basil, oregano and rosemary)
Lay the steak flat on a work surface. Spread the onion, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper, parley and Italian seasoning evenly over the steak. Place hard boiled eggs along one end of the meat. Roll up the meat, starting from the end with the eggs, jelly-roll style. Tie the meat securely with string.
In a large skillet, heat EVOO and brown meat on all sides, about 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat tomato sauce in a large pot and add meat when it is finished browning. Bring sauce to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Cook in sauce until tender, about 1-1 1/2 hours.