- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place a medium pot over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the peppers, onion, garlic and spices to the pan and cook until the veggies begin to soften, 3-4 minutes.
Add the rice and stock to the pot, then season with salt and pepper and bring up to a bubble. Place a lid on the pot, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.