Cracked Corn and Cheese Squares
Everyone will be gobbling up this easy, cheesy cornbread so you may want to double the batch!
- 1 package corn muffin mix (8 1/2-ounces), mixed to package directions
- Softened butter, to grease baking dish
- 1/3 pound Monterey Jack or pepper Jack, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with butter. Stir cheese, corn and scallions into packaged mixed corn muffin batter.
Pour batter into baking dish and bake at 400°F until golden, 15-18 minutes.