Creole-Ranch Potato Salad
Taste a little bit of New Orleans with potatoes covered with ranch dressing and select spicy seasonings . Serve with Louisiana Style Hot Skillet Fried Chicken.
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons bread-and-butter pickle juice plus 1/4 cup chopped pickles
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs such as thyme, dill and parsley
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
Place potatoes in a pot, cover with cold water. Bring to boil, salt water and cook potatoes to just fork-tender. Drain and return to hot pot to dry; cool to room temp.
Combine buttermilk with sour cream, pickle juice, hot sauce, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and chopped onion, celery and peppers; stir to combine. Garnish salad with chopped pickles.