Criolla is a traditional sauce that is delicious with a variety of grilled meats. This recipe was created to accompany Bife de Chorizo with Hearts of Palm Salad.
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons yellow banana ring peppers (about a palmful), drained and roughly chopped
- 1 green or red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.