Crispy Prosciutto-Wrapped Cod and Caramelized Onion-Asparagus Salad
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto di Parma
- 4 cod fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces on an angle
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped, for garnish
Heat 3 tablespoons of EVOO, three turns of the pan, in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add onion, season with salt and pepper and cook until caramel-colored, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes.
Lay out the prosciutto on clean surface. Pat cod dry and season with salt and pepper. Wrap fish in ham. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons EVOO in a large nonstick skillet until it ripples over medium-high heat. Cook fish for 3-4 minutes on each side until ham is crisp and fish is firm. Serve with lemon wedges.
While fish cooks, pour 1 inch of water into a skillet and bring to boil. Add salt and asparagus and cook for 3 minutes, then drain.
Stir mustard and thyme into caramelized onions and toss with asparagus to coat.
Serve cod alongside asparagus, garnish with chopped tomato.