Curry Crunch Salad with Naan
This easy salad gives brings you the flavors of India.
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups chopped poached chicken or skinned rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup red or black seedless grapes, halved
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 naan breads, heated
In a medium size bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, curry powder, honey, turmeric and cardamom; sprinkle with cinnamon, then whisk in the EVOO. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the chicken, grapes, scallions and almonds to the dressing and toss to coat. Serve with the naan.