Fennel and Celery Slaw Salad
Serve with American-Italian all’Amatriciana.
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 pound shredded slaw salad mix
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed, reserve a handful of fronds
- 4 ribs celery from the heart, thinly sliced on an angle
- 10 leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix vinegar and sugar in the bottom of a bowl and whisk in EVOO. Add slaw to bowl. Chop fennel fronds and add to cabbage. Quarter the fennel bulb, cut away the core and thinly slice, add to cabbage. Add the celery and basil to the salad, toss to combine, season liberally with salt and pepper, to your taste.