Garden Salad with Smoked Almond-Cilantro Dressing
The combination of flavors in this recipe make a unique and colorful salad.
- 5-6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 scallions, cut into 3-inch lengths, then thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 2-3 baby zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds
- 4 soft sundried tomatoes, chopped
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- A handful of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons of water (a splash)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Black pepper, to taste
Place the lettuce on a large platter and scatter the veggies across the top. Place the garlic, almonds, sundried tomatoes, cilantro, mint and vinegar in a food processor and turn it on – if you have trouble getting the dressing going, add a splash of water, about two tablespoons, then stream in the EVOO.
Process the dressing, then season it with black pepper to taste. Pour it evenly over the salad and serve.