Ginger-Garlic Fish in Parchment
Serve with Lemon Chive Noodles.
- Parchment paper
- 4 (6-7 ounce) portions sea bass
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 3-inch pieces on an angle
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 3-4-inch knob ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce
Rip off 4 pieces of parchment to form packets each about 12-inches long. Season fish with salt and pepper. Place a piece of parchment in a shallow dish then in the center of the paper stack 1/4 of the scallions and shiitakes, layer with slices of ginger and garlic and top with fish. Combine the honey, vinegar and tamari and pour 1/4 of the sauce over fish. Fold over the top of the parchment; then roll the sides in to form a sealed pouch. Repeat with remaining parchment and ingredients. Arrange the pouches on a baking sheet and roast in hot oven 12-14 minutes.