Green Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
This dressing is sweet (no pun intended)! Drizzle it over spinach or any lettuce you choose. Rach likes to use mixed greens when she makes it. The balsamic vinegar gives it a little kick.
- 2 teaspoons strawberry jam, regular or low sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce or mixed greens of any kind
- 6 strawberries, sliced
Place jam in a medium bowl. Whisk in the balsamic vinegar, followed by the EVOO. You can eyeball the amount of EVOO, adding more or less as needed.
Season dressing with salt and pepper. Add greens to the bowl and toss to coat evenly with dressing.
Garnish with sliced strawberries.
This is a great recipe for kids and the whole family from Yum-o! It’s good AND good for you. For more information about Yum-o! go to the Yum-o! website.