Grilled Spanish-Style Snapper with Tomato and Green Olive Salsa
The salsa really gives this dish a kick! Try pairing with Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and sangria.
- 4 red snapper fillets (8 ounces)
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) for drizzling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin (1/2 a palmful)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika (1/2 a palmful)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt (1/3 palmful)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (1/3 palmful)
- 1 teaspoon coriander (1/3 palmful)
Tomatoes and Green Olive Salsa:
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- A handful cilantro leaves, finely chopped (flat leaf parsley may be substituted)
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 12 large green olives, cracked away from pits and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Pre-heat grill pan or indoor electric grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle snapper with EVOO.
Combine spices in a small bowl. Rub fish with spice mixture. Cook fish five minutes, skin-side down first. Turn fish and cook 5-6 minutes longer.
Combine salsa ingredients in a small bowl and allow it to marinate until ready to serve.
To serve, plate spiced snapper with a generous serving of salsa. Sangria makes a wonderful beverage for this meal.