Homemade Pickle Chips
Serve as a crunchy side to The Pittsburger and other burgers, sammies and wraps.
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- A small handful of fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 6 kirby cucumbers, sliced about 1/3-inch thick
In a small saucepan, boil 1 1/4 cups water with the vinegar, salt, sugar and bay leaf.
Layer the remaining ingredients into a short, wide glass jar. Pour the hot liquid over the top; cover and refrigerate overnight or for up to 2 weeks.