Honey Nut Chicken
- 4 ounces, 2 small packages, honey roasted peanuts, about 2/3 cup
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend (such Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
- 2 eggs
- A splash half-and-half or whole milk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, several drops
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pieces of chicken breast (6 to 8-ounces each)
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
Put nuts, bread crumbs and grill seasoning in food processor and pulse grind to combine the nuts into bread crumbs. Pour nutty-breading onto a plate.
Beat eggs and half-and-half or milk with hot sauce in a shallow dish.
Pour flour out on a plastic board or plate.
Dust both sides of the chicken with flour. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then coat with the nutty-breading.
Pre-heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan with a thin layer, 2-3 turns of the pan. Brown chicken pieces 2 minutes on each side in hot oil or until evenly light golden in color. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in oven until juices run clear and breasts are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.