Spinach & Artichoke Burgers With Tarragon Special Sauce
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish, preferred brand Wickles
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons tarragon
- 2 pounds ground lamb or beef
- 1 box frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and pat dry, finely chopped
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and wrung dry
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Burger rolls, split
- 2 packages Boursin cheese (soft cheese with garlic and herbs) or 3/4 pound herb goat cheese
- Baby spinach leaves
- Sliced tomato
- Thinly sliced onion
Preheat a cast-iron griddle or skillet.
In a small bowl, combine ketchup, sour cream, relish, salt, pepper and tarragon. Reserve.
Combine ground meat with artichokes, spinach, cheese, garlic, thyme and lemon zest. Form 6 patties and drizzle each with olive oil.
Spread soft cheese or goat cheese on bun bottoms, top with a patty, spinach, tomato and onion. Slather bun tops with tarragon sauce, set tops in place and serve with crispy, thin oven fries tossed with garlic and cheese alongside.