Italian Chef Salad
This filling salad is easy to prepare and works well for dinner or lunch. For a larger meal, serve with Spaghetti and Meatball Stoup.
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 pound hot ham, sliced
- 1/4 pound Genoa salami, sliced
- 1/4 pound deli provolone cheese, chopped
- Hot pepper rings (a couple forkfuls)
- 1/2 cup cracked green olives
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- A few leaves basil, torn
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (eyeball it)
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients and dress with red wine vinegar, followed by EVOO, salt and pepper, all to your taste.