Serve with Chicken Cutlets Brasciole.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/2 pound capellini
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, shredded or torn
- Grated cheese, to pass at the table
Bring a pot of water to boil for the pasta.
In a large skillet, combine the EVOO and butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, pepper and lemon zest.
When the water boils, salt it, then cook the capellini to al dente, 2-3 minutes. Add a ladle of the cooking water to the lemon-pepper butter and stir in the lemon juice. Drain the pasta and toss with the lemon-pepper butter and salt, to taste. Add the basil to the pasta and serve a small bundle alongside your entrée or serve as a delicate first course.