Lunch Box Turkey “Sushi”
You’ll look forward to having this wrap for lunch all morning long! Ask your grown-up helper (GH) to help you by preparing the instant rice, maybe while they make their morning coffee.
- 1/2 cup instant brown or white rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1 spinach or whole wheat tortilla
- 2-3 tablespoons ranch or Russian salad dressing
- 3-4 slices turkey breast, from the deli
- A handful of bean sprouts
- 2 red bell pepper strips, 1/4-inch wide
- 2 slices cheddar or provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Salt and pepper
Heat a flour tortilla for 15-20 seconds on high in the microwave oven. Spread out the tortilla on a work surface. Coat the tortilla evenly with salad dressing and cover with slices of turkey.
Pile some rice on one side of the turkey.
Arrange the bean sprouts, pepper strips and cheese strips in a line on top of the rice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Wrap and roll the sandwich up around the rice, veggies and turkey, making the ingredients resemble a sushi roll with the cheese and veggies at the center of the rice.
Cut the sandwich wrap into two-inch-long pieces.
Arrange the pieces in a plastic container or on foil and pack up for lunch!
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.