Malaysian Curry Hot Pot
Kenny Oringer is one of our favorite chefs and definitely one of the best in Boston!
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup masan curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk (16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 package tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Put a large casserole on the stove and turn to medium-high heat. Add oil, then add curry paste and sauté until fragrant.
Add coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar and parsley and cook for 10 minutes until all flavors are blended. Add tofu and one cup of the bean sprouts and warm gently.
Serve in soup bowl, garnishing with chopped cilantro and the remaining raw bean sprouts.