Meat and Crispy Potatoes Sliders with Stilton Sauce
Get your meat and potatoes in a slider topped with a super thick homemade cheese sauce.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- About 3 tablespoons onion, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for liberal drizzling
- 4-5 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, very thinly sliced
- About 1/4-1/3 cup whole milk
- 6 ounces, about 3/4-1 cup, Stilton cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 3-inch potato or brioche rolls or packaged slider buns
- 1 bundle or package watercress or upland cress
Combine the meat with the parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion grated over the bowl to catch the juices and lots of salt and pepper. Form eight 3-ounce patties, making them a little thinner at grated center for even cooking. Arrange them on a plate and drizzle with EVOO to coat.
Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
Heat a liberal drizzle of EVOO in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, just enough to coat the bottom. Add grated potatoes in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Turn occasionally and cook until brown and crispy, 10-12 minutes.
In a food processor, combine the milk, cheese and sour cream. Process until a smooth, thick sauce forms. Add an extra splash of milk as necessary.
Cook the burgers for 6-9 minutes for medium-rare to medium-well, turning occasionally.
Serve the sliders on rolls or buns topped with potatoes, watercress and thick sauce.