Fast, easy and colorful, this healthy side will get everyone eating their veggies! It goes well with Poached Halibut with Tomato and Basil, as well as other light fish and chicken dishes.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, yellow, red, and/or green, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced on bias, tips 1 1/2 inches long
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 can butter beans, drained
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, about two turns around the pan, onion, garlic, peppers. Sauté peppers, stirring frequently, about five minutes. Add asparagus and corn and cook 3-5 minutes longer. Add beans and heat them through, 1-2 minutes. Season dish with salt and pepper to taste, then stir in parsley. Transfer to dinner plates or bowls and serve.