Mini Turkey Meat Loaves and Baked Beans
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 4 slices lean, smoky bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 22- to 28-ounce can spicy, barbecue-flavor baked beans
- 4 scallions, whites and green chopped
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes, whizzed into crumbs in a food processor
- Milk, for moistening breadcrumbs
- 2 pounds ground turkey (white and dark meat blend)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 to 4 tablespoons grated onion (grate onion over the meat to catch the juice)
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon fresh sage, shopped
- 1 rounded tablespoon (packed) brown sugar
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and almost crispy, about 10 minutes. In a casserole or shallow baking dish, mix bacon and spoonful of the drippings with the baked beans and the scallions; season with pepper.
In a large bowl, moisten the stuffing crumbs with the milk. Add turkey and season with salt and pepper. Mix in the parsley, egg, ketchup, onion, Worcestershire, mustard, thyme, sage, brown sugar, garlic and a drizzle of oil. Form the turkey mixture into 4 oval mini meat loaves, each 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick and nestle them into the baked beans. Bake until cooked through, 20-25 minutes. Top with more parsley and serve.