Mushroom Teriyaki Noodles
Enjoy edamame and mushrooms seasoned with ginger, scallions and teriyaki sauce tossed with pasta for a super healthy meal. Serve with Fried Green Beans and Wasabi Ranch.
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons high-temperature cooking oil
- 1 pound shitake mushrooms, sliced
- Coarse black pepper
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger root, minced or grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shelled edamame, defrosted
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
Heat a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook to al dente.
After you drop the pasta in the water, heat the oil over high heat in a skillet. When the oil smokes up, add the mushrooms and brown for 3-4 minutes. Season with pepper, then add the ginger, garlic, edamame and scallions. Stir fry for 2 minutes more.
Drain the pasta, toss with the vegetables and dress with the teriyaki, to taste.