New York Deli Nachos
Reuben nachos are covered with homemade Thousand Island dressing, queso sauce, lettuce, onions and chopped deli pickles.
- Ridged, thick-cut or kettle potato chips or frozen waffle fries
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 3/4 pound thick-cut deli pastrami (about 3 slices), diced
- 3/4 pound corned beef sliced 1/4-inch thick, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 rounded tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup Muenster cheese, chopped or grated
- 2 rounded tablespoons spicy deli mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup relish
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded lettuce
- Finely chopped red onion
- Sliced or chopped deli pickles
Pre-heat the oven to 250ºF.
Place the potato chips on a large rimmed baking sheet and warm in the oven or bake the waffle fries to package directions.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with the oil. Add the corned beef and onion, and cook until crispy at the edges and hot through. Add the sauerkraut and sauté until warmed through, about 1-2 minutes.
Heat a saucepot over medium to medium-high heat. Melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Whisk in the milk; season with salt and pepper and thicken. Melt in the cheeses and stir in the mustard. In a bowl, stir together the sour cream, ketchup and relish; season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the warm chips or waffle fries on a platter. Top with the meat and cheese sauce. Drizzle with Russian dressing and top with lettuce, onions and chopped deli pickles.