On the Side: Scandinavian Carrots
- 5-6 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF.
On a baking sheet, toss the carrots with the EVOO, lemon slices, capers and some salt and pepper. Roast, turning occasionally, until tender, about 30 minutes. As soon as they come out of the oven, toss the carrots with the dill. Serve warm.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.