Paprika Chicken Thighs with Spinach and Egg Noodles
Paprika chicken with spinach and noodles is a delicious and nutritious all in one meal.
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound extra-wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika (about a palmful)
- About 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- About 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 pieces skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- About 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped, or 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 bunches fresh spinach leaves, cleaned and sliced, or 1 box thawed frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as dill and parsley (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the noodles and cook until tender.
While the pasta is working, place the tomato paste in a small bowl and stir in 1/4 cup of the boiling pasta water. Stir in the paprika, worcestershire and hot sauce.
Pre-heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle the chicken thighs with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Add to the grill pan or skillet. Cook until browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip and baste liberally with the paprika paste. Brown the other side, about 5 minutes longer, then flip again and brush with more of the paprika paste.
In a large skillet, add about 1 tablespoon EVOO and the butter to melt over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot (or onion) and cook for 3 minutes. Add the spinach to wilt (or heat through the thawed spinach).
Drain the egg noodles and add to the spinach along with the herbs, if using. Divide among 4 plates and serve with 2 chicken thighs each.