Plum Good Pork Chops
These chops are delicious and good for the whole family!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 bone-in pork chops (each about 1 inch thick)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 plums (it’s better if they’re under-ripe), pits removed and sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from stems
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then sear them in the hot skillet until they are golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to a baking sheet and finish cooking them in the hot oven, about 5 minutes more.
Place the pan the chops were cooked in back over the heat and add in the plums, onion, thyme and some salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until the onions have softened, about 6-7 minutes. Add the lemon juice and honey to the pan and stir to melt the honey. Remove the pan from the heat and keep warm until the pork chops are ready.
This is one of many “Yum-o!” recipes – it’s good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael’s nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.